Who We Are
Over the past 31 years, the Orange County Crazies has become an enviable institution as it remains the longest-running and most prominent organization of its kind in the County of Orange. Based in Santa Ana, California, the O.C. Crazies school and the quality of its classes are unmatched; its student performances crowd-pleasing. Since its inception, it has garnered stellar reviews and a number of awards for its original and creative works, as well as for its unparalleled school of comedy.
The Orange Crazies offers classes in Improv, Stand-up, Sketch Comedy, and workshops for how to develop Original Characters, well as writing classes. Courses range from weekly sessions to one-day weekend classes. Graduation performances follow each class series. With restrictions lifted, the OC Crazies will conduct all classes and shows on-site at The De Pietro Performance Center in Santa Ana at its 78-seat, black-box theater. Various classes are still available online, as well as one-on-one private coaching.
The OC Crazies offers classes in Improv, Stand-up, Sketch Comedy, and workshops on how to develop Original Characters, well as various writing classes. Courses range from weekly sessions (4-6 six sessions) to one-day weekend classes. And many of them are still available online via Zoom.
- Adults: Wednesdays: October 27, November 3, 10, 17, 24 and December 1 – 6 – 8:30 p.m. Class size is limited to 6 students. Tuition: $425.
Graduation Show: Saturday, August 21
Hosted by: Robbie Nelson and featuring performances by Charlie Twitchel, Alex Fitchen, Max Soh (OC Crazies Student) & Benny Chang (OC Crazies Student).
- Children’s Stand Up Comedy class (8-13 years of age) – Tuesdays and Thursdays starting August 7, 2021 – 3:30 to 5 p.m. for 3 weeks culminating in a graduation show (live at the De Pietro Performance Center in September) or via Zoom. Tuition: $325
All Improv – Live At The Theater
- Six-session course: Friday evenings: July 16, 23,- August 6, 13, 20 and 27 – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. LIVE at the De Pietro Performance Center in Santa Ana.
- Class limited to 6 students. Learn from exercises and drills during this highly interactive and fun course. Our focus is being fast on your feet. Graduation show the last session, live at the theater. Tuition: $375
Sketch Comedy Writing
- Fridays: October 2, 9, 10, 23 – 9 a.m. to noon – Class size is limited to 6 students. Tuition: $475
- August 26, September 4, 11, 18, 25 and October 2 – 9 a.m. to noon
Lil’ Crazies new workshop and performance series boot camp is for youngsters 8 to 13 years of age and limited to 6 students. Children will learn the many basics and “rules and tools” of improv comedy during these fast-paced three-hour sessions. At the end of this series, the youngsters will stage a live performance giving them the opportunity to showcase (before a live audience) what they’ve learned. Tuition: $525.
Please access the links on our home page for more information for each listed class. You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 714 550-9890 for more information on classes and to register for the class.
Events & More
How to Improvise Your film (the whole time you’re shooting it).
OC Crazies, in conjunction with ree-invent films, is proud to present this 90-minute workshop hosted by Cherie Kerr, winner of 17 film festival awards. Click for More Info!
- Thursday evening, September 9th. 7p.m. – 8:30 p.m. via Zoom