Many of those who want to be, or are, improv players constantly feel the pressure of “having to be funny.” They want to be “on” at all times or think they should be, which is the opposite of what true improv is really all about.
In this unique and one-of-a-kind workshop, students learn how to be funny without trying; without any effort at all. In fact, you will find you are funnier than you thought you ever could be!
The 9 a.m. to 4 p.m workshop will be highly interactive and include drills and exercises that demonstrate how you “are” funny without forcing yourself to be.
We will cover the following:
- How to take any expectations off of yourself for “being” funny
- Tricks for not caring so much
- How to be the real funny you and not someone else
- How to employ the “react and respond” rule smoothly and easily
- How to tap into your natural sense of humor
- How to listen “intuitively”
- How to apply the “Three I’s”
- How to converse; not perform
- How to positively redirect the other “player(s)” on stage without diminishing her/her/their performance, or yours
- How to make the scene always work
Class size is limited so reserve your space early. Instructor Kerr takes no more than 8 students. Tuition: $95 – performing Crazies members $85
Sign up now!