Begins: Thursday, June 8, 2017 – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Duration: 6 consecutive Thursday nights plus graduation show
Whether you have a pet peeve or an absurd story to tell, the OC Crazies can help you fashion that information into a funny bit. The Crazies welcomes first-timers to its stand up classes–those who have always had a passion to try this comedic art form, but were too shy to try it. We also welcome those who have been performing their routines for some time, but who need new material and a stronger delivery style. Sessions are three hours once a week for 6 weeks. We finish off the series with a stand up show before a live audience of friends and family.
STAND UP COMEDY LAB
One-Day: Saturday, Saturday, April 11, 2017 (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) – followed by a showcase show – Tickets $10.00)
Students will learn the five critical components to delivering solid stand up comedy acts. They also will write one or more segments for their act. After nailing down those particulars, students will begin the “workout” of perfecting their set!! There will be a live performance before friends and family (tickets $10) immediately following this lively stand up crash course–it takes place that night! Class size is limited for optimal “stage time.” Students are required to engage in a short pre-interview by phone to see if they are a viable candidate for this class.
This is an OC Crazies first and we are so excited!!
• Enjoy approximately 8 hours of stand up comedy training, followed by a stand up comedy show. (Friends and family – tickets $10)
• This class is only open to prior OC Crazies stand up comedy students or those stand up comics with some background in writing and performing stand up comedy (must call for pre-interview).
• Students are asked to bring in one story or “set idea” and work that segment all day; PERFORM IT THAT NIGHT.
• Students will get a total of 10 minutes during the performance and can use prior material for the show, if they wish to round out their set.
• Students will perfect their delivery, learn to step up their writing skills, and punch up or clean up the writing of prior material (if they wish).
• We take no more than 6 to 8 students in this class
• There will be a live performance before friends and family (tickets $10) immediately following this lively stand up crash course–it takes place that night! Class size is limited for optimal “stage time.”
• Tuition is $125
• Bring snacks and lunch if you wish to stay onsite during breaks and lunch and dinner
• We have a fridge if you need to store items in it.
Begins: All Improv – Starts Thursday, July 20, 2017 – 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Duration: 8 consecutive Thursday nights followed by a Saturday evening graduation show
In our ongoing improvisational comedy classes, students learn the fundamentals of theater including: stage skills, stage movement, and the tenets of improvisational comedy–rules and tools. Whether you are a first-time improviser or one who has studied before and eager to step up your improv game, the OC Crazies has a class for you! Each of our All Improv classes run from 6-8 weeks and enrollment is limited to 10 students. Classes are fun and highly interactive! All classes culminate in a lively showcase performance.
One-Day: Saturday, June 8, 2017 (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Another fun-filled, all-day improv class: On Saturday, June 8, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (with a lunch break), Cherie Kerr will structure a class based on students’ requests. Whatever it is you want to work on in the wide, wide world of improv, tell us and that will be the day’s improv fare. Once students enroll (and let Cherie know what it is they are most interested in studying), she will put together a lesson plan that will constitute one all-day improv comedy jam. Note: This course is limited to intermediate-level improv students and will require a prescreening process.
Want to work on emotions? Space work? Scenes? Name it and we’ll include it! Sign up soon – space is limited!
Little Crazies Children’s Boot Camp
Improv: Wednesday, June 28, Thursday, June 29, Friday, June 30, and Saturday, July 1, 2017 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. (followed by 45-minute show on Saturday, July 1, at 12 p.m.)
The OC Crazies also offers children’s workshops during the summer season. Classes are limited to 8 students for youngsters 8-16 years of age. We teach children a variety of skills which are fun, creative and confidence-building. Just like our other Crazies classes, we will offer showcase performances at the conclusion of our individual workshops.
What we teach:
-Fundamental of Improv Comedy
-Some basic acting techniques
-How to incorporate Improv Comedy skills into a performance
-How to loosen inhibitions and gain self-confidence